Law & Order Series
- Development of the Police
(Law enforcement from Saxon times)
- Brandy for the Parson
(smuggling and smugglers through the ages)
- Stand and Deliver
(Selected notorious highwaymen from C17th-C19th)
- Fakes, Forgers and Frauds
(some people`s gullibility)
- Midland Murders
(Some infamous cases from the Midlands)
- Warwickshire Crimes & Criminals from the 17th Century onwards.
- Brief History of the Warwickshire Constabulary
(From its early days until 2000)
- The Gunpowder Plot 1605
(With Midlands Connections)
- Felons, Phantoms & Fiends
(some of the UK`s notorious criminals)
- Bonnie Prince Charlie & the 1745 Rebellion
(The last real Jacobite rebellion in England)
- Wicked Women
(sinners or sinned against….you decide. But would you want them to be your daughter-in-law?)
- Wicked, Wilful and Unconventional Women of Warwickshire
(Notorious women with Warwickshire Connections)
- Dastardly Doctors
(you would not want to be treated by them)
- The Verdict is Yours
(an investigation into a Georgian scandal in Warwickshire)
- Famous Fictional Detectives 1841 - 1955 (some possibly less well-known than others)
- Literary Villains 1670 - 1950 (some possibly less well-known than others)
- Bad, Mad or Eccentric (which were they?)
Memories of Yesteryear
- Man at Play
(Leisure activities over the years)*
- The Golden Age of Coaching
(Horse drawn travel in C18th and C19th)
- Drainpipe Trousers to Rock 'n Roll
(life in Britain in the 1950s)*
- Inn Signs
(Selected inn signs and their tales)*
- Yet More Inn Signs
(More of the above)*
- Warwickshire Inn Signs Past & Present 1 & 2
(more of the above but all in Warwickshire)*
- A Taste of Ale...
(drinking customs & the growth of the English pub)
- Grave Tales & Memorials
(the stories they have to tell)*
(strange things to see in the Midlands and elsewhere)*
- Cross your fingers until you...
(superstition, traditions and customs)
- Women at Work...
(a selection of jobs undertaken by women over the years)
- North to Alaska..
(The Klondike Gold Rush 1897 – 1899)*
- Boyhood Memories..
(how we spent our boyhood in late 40`s & 50s)*
- Feisty Females
(several women who left their mark on history)
- Curious Clerics
(strange men of the cloth, including some nasty ones)
- English Eccentrics
(strange people from history)
- Wish You Were Here
(How holidays have changed over the years)*
The Warwick Series
- Warwick 1900 – 2010
(See how the town has changed, or not)*
- The Darker Side of Warwick Part 1...
(some of the more infamous events and characters in Warwick history)*
- The Darker Side of Warwick Part 2...
(the story continues)*
- Warwick in the Great War*
- Warwick at War 1939 – 45*
- As We Were, another illustrated look at Warwick*
- Have bell, will travel
(experiences of a town crier)
- A Mixture of Mysteries
(Mysteries from history... some of which remain unsolved)
- Eleanor's Way
(Following the route of the Eleanor Crosses)*
- Highlights of the Heart of England
(Selected interesting parts of the Midlands)
- All That Glitters
(stories with a twist in the tale)
- Chocolate Cake to Die For
(selected crime stories)
- The Man in Black
(selected ghost stories)…These are more suited for the darker months, as they lose their effect on a sunny afternoon.
Talks marked * need to be illustrated
By Maureen Sutherland
- The Art of Coarse Guiding
(ups and downs of being a tourist guide)
- I Was A Live Kidney Donor
(the journey between decision and donation)
- Are you feeling peckish
(food through the ages)
NB. These talks are not illustrated.
Please note: Most talks given by Graham Sutherland are presented without illustrations. However, those marked with * need to be illustrated.
Own equipment provided: all electrically tested and certificated where necessary.
Rates on application.